Click here for a more complete look at Dr. Falco's CV and publication list.
Mid Atlantic Spine and Pain
139 East Chestnut Hill Road
Newark, Delaware 19713
Phone: (302) 525-0238
Temple University Medical School Philadelphia, PA
Doctor of Medicine 1988
Dorthea Daniels Glass MD Award 1988
Villanova University Villanova, PA
Bachelor of Chemical Engineering 1984
Magna Cum Laude
Dean's Award for Academic Excellence
Dean's Award for Meritorious Service
Georgia Spine & Sports Physicians -Fellowship Smyrna, GA
Fellowship in Spine and Sports Medicine 2/1993-7/1993
Southeastern Orthopedic Associates-Fellowship Pensacola, FL
Fellowship in Spine and Sports Medicine 6/1992-1/1993
Temple University Hospital-Residency Program Philadelphia, PA
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency 7/1989-6/1992
St. Luke's Hospital-Internship Bethlehem, PA
Intern of the Year 1989
- Top Doctor, Becker's ASC Reviews 2011, 2012
- Top Doctor, Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. 2011, 2012
- Top Doctor US News & World Report 2011
- Excellence in Research Writing, Association of Academic Physiatrists 1992
- Speaker, Pain Management in Patients with Cognitive Impairment and in Areas of Deprivation & Conflict/Clinical Nerve Function Studies/Sex & Gender Issues in Pain, ASIPP Comprehensive Review Course in Controlled Substance Management, San Francisco CA. 7/30/12
- Speaker, Endoscopic Spine Surgery Business, ASIPP 14th Annual Meeting, Washington D.C. 6/10/12
- Speaker, The Use of MRI in Interventional Pain Management, ASIPP 14th Annual Meeting, Washington D.C. 6/09/12
- Speaker, Lumbar Radicular Pain and Post Laminectomy Syndrome: Case Presentations/ Imaging for Interventinalists/ Lumbar Interlaminar Epidural Injections/ Lumbar Facet Radiofrequency Neurotomy, ASIPP Comprehensive Didactic Review Course and Cadaver Workshop, Phoenix, AZ. 2/24/12
- Speaker, Spinal Imaging and Image Guided Spinal Interventions, ASIPP 13th Annual Meeting, Washington D.C. 6/27/11
- Manchikanti L, Singh V, Falco FJ, Cash KA, Pampati V, Fellows B. The role of thoracic medial branch blocks in managing chronic mid and upper back pain: A randomized, double-blind, active-control trial with a 2-year followup. Anesthesiol Res Pract 2012 Jul; Epub 585806.
- Atluri S, Singh V, Datta S, Geffert S, Sehgal N, Falco FJ. Diagnostic accuracy of thoracic facet joint nerve blocks: an update of the assessment of evidence. Pain Physician 2012; 15(4): E483-E496.
- Manchikanti KN, Atluri S, Singh V, Geffert S, Sehgal N, Falco FJ. An update of evaluation of therapeutic facet joint interventions. Pain Physician 2012; 15(4): E463-E481.
- Diwan S, Manchikanti L, Benyamin RM, Bryce DA, Geffert S, Hameed H, Sharma ML, Abdi D, Falco FJ. Effectiveness of cervical epidural injections in the management of chronic neck and upper extremity pain. Pain Physician 2012; 15(4): E405-E434.
- Benyamin RM, Manchikanti L, Parr AT, Diwan S, Singh V, Falco FJ, Datta S, Abdi D, Hirsch JA. The effectiveness of lumbar interlaminar epidural injections in managing chronic low back pain and lower extremity pain. Pain Physician 2012; 15(4): E363-404.